On this page we will provide some security tips for your Gmail email account. By using these tips you can be sure you are getting the most secure email experience possible.
Step 1 – Use the Gmail Security Checkup Tool available here.
Step 2 – Choose a strong password for your Gmail account. If you don’t already have a strong password, visit the sign in & security page, click ‘Password’ then enter a strong password and click ‘Change Password’
Step 3 – Below are some additional settings you can check to ensure that no one else has access to your Gmail account.
- Using a browser, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings .
- Click Settings.
- Click the tabs below to check your settings.
- Check your signature to make sure the text looks correct.
- Check your vacation responder to make sure it isn’t turned on if you don’t need it to be.
Accounts and Import tab
- Check “Send mail as” to make sure all the email addresses listed belong to you.
- Check “Grant access to your account” to see that no unknown people have access to your account.
- Check “Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)” to make sure all the email addresses listed belong to you.
Filters and Blocked Addresses tab
- Make sure mail isn’t being automatically forwarded to an unknown account using a “Forward to” filter.
- Make sure any filters that automatically delete messages (“Delete it”) were set up by you.
Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab
- Make sure that your messages aren’t being forwarded to an unknown account.
- Verify your POP and/or IMAP settings are correct.